8. An ownership interest in property, especially in a business <the founders gave her equity in the business in return for all her help>. See OWNERS’ EQUITY; BOOK EQUITY; MARKET EQUITY (below). 
- Ownership and Types of Ownership – the “bundle of rights” allowing one to possess, use, manage, and enjoy property, including the right to convey it to others (regardless of of any actual or constructive control).
- Interest and Types of interest – all or part of a legal or equitable claim to or right in property.
1. The aggregate of the owners’ financial interests in the assets of a business entity; the capital contributed by the owners plus any retained earnings. * Owners’ equity is calculated as the difference in value between a business entity’s assets and its liabilities. — aka owner’s equity; book value; net book value; (in a corporation) shareholders’ equity; stockholder’s equity.
1. The percentage of a corporation’s book value allocated in a particular class of stock.
- book value – (1894) The value at which an asset is carried on a balance sheet. — aka carrying value.
- adjusted book value – (1909) The current actual value of an asset or liability as compared to the value when it was first acquired or incurred or when changes were previously updated. > net book value.
- book-value stock – (1975) Stock offered to executives at a book-value price, rather than at its market value. * The stock is offered with the understanding that when its book value has risen, the company will buy back the stock at the increased price or will make payments in stock equal to the increased price.
1. The percentage of the total market value that a particular company’s securities account for, represented by each class of security.  
Disclaimer: All material throughout this website is pertinent to people everywhere, and is being utilized in accordance with Fair Use.
: Categorized and arranged by Wild Willpower PAC.
Like this website?
or donate via PayPal:
This website is being broadcast for First Amendment purposes courtesy of
Like to offer financial support?
We look forward to hearing from you!